We believe that learning is a continuous process and take every measure to ensure all our staff gets opportunities to learn and grow.
Our partnership with Bow Valley College has been beneficial as the Disability and Community Support Certificate can be obtained by staff in-house. We also offer Foundations training through ACDS which is mandatory for all our staff.
SCHEDULE OF TRAINING FOR 2019
Abuse Prevention & Response Protocol [APRP]
- Jan 24, 2019 – 9:00 – 15:00
- March 21, 2019 – 9:00 – 15:00
- May 23, 2019 – 9:00 – 15:00
- July 11, 2019 – 9:00 – 15:00
- Sep 12, 2019; 9:00 – 15:00
- Nov 14,2019 : 9:00 – 15:00
Nonviolent Crisis Intervention [NVCI]
- Jan 9- 10, 2019; 9:00am – 3:30pm
- April 11-12, 2019; 9:00am – 3:30pm
- June 6-7, 2019; 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Oct 3-4, 2019; 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Oct 31 – Nov 1, 2019; 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Jan 9-10, 2020; 9:00am – 3:30pm
Positive Behaviour Support [PBS]
- Jan 16-17, 2019; 9:00am – 3:00pm
- March 13-14, 2019; 9:00am – 3:00pm
- May 15-16, 2019; 9:00am-3:00pm
- July 17-18, 2019; 9:00am-3:00pm
- September 18-19, 2019; 9:00am-3:00pm
- November 20-21, 2019; 9:00am – 3:00pm
How to Register for the Abuse Prevention & Response Protocol [APRP], Nonviolent Crisis Intervention [NVCI], and Positive Behavior Support [PBS]:
- Please send an email to HR@newageservices.ca indicating your full name and name of your Team Leader.
Debit Card Training – email is sent to new hire and as refresher
To register for Medication Administration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information:
- Your full name
- The name of your supervisor (s)
- Your preferred e-mail address for course completion
- Your preference for In-Class or Online session (If requesting in-class, please specify if you are requesting the full course or the refresher)
Please note that classroom sessions are limited and you may be required to complete the course online if a session is not available within the regular training timeframe.
Registration is completed on the first Friday of every month.
Food Safety – for all employees
Here is the link:
Do the reading. Complete the quiz. Print the certificate. Provide NAS Inc. a copy of the certificate.
FOIP – this is for Leadership staff
Please see this link: http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/foip/training/online-training.cfm
Once you are on the site, do some reading, complete the quiz, print the certificate and provide NAS Inc. a copy of the certificate.